Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Wonderful Array of Apps

Lesson: They have apps for everything! 

Okay, I know this isn't mind blowing or anything, but there's something to be said for realizing something first-hand.

Although we had smartphones a couple of years ago, we decided to go back to ordinary 'dumb' phones for a while in an effort to save money. Well, after receiving a raise about a month ago, we decided we could jump back into the world of modern technology and upgraded to iPhones. They really do have apps for everything!


Although I was quick to download the obvious (Facebook, Pinterest, Words with Friends), I have been pleasantly surprised by the convenience of a few others:

  1. Group Health. I can email my doctor, refill prescriptions, schedule appointments and more from the convenience of my phone. Plus I can even check wait times to see which pharmacy or lab has the shortest lines!
  2. TeuxDeux. I use this at work all the time to keep on track with the hundreds of tasks I need to get done every week. I love that they have an iPhone app so I can quickly add something I think of when I'm not working, and so I can check to see what I've got coming up in the next few days when I'm not in front of the computer.
  3. Bible. Originally I downloaded it for those times when I forget to bring mine, but since then I've found it to be convenient throughout the week - especially for those times when I want to see alternate ways the phrase was translated. All I need to do is click NIV, ESV, etc.
  4. GasBuddy. I've only used it once, but it tells you the location and price of nearby gas stations. With its help, I was able to save 10 cents/gallon on Sunday!
What apps do you have on your phone that you can't live without? Are there more out there I should be sure to check out?

Photo Credit: Yutaka Tsutano

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Out of Milk. Grocery and other shopping lists galore. Plus you can keep track of all the.spices and.basics you have at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion - I'll have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete